A switch in a pinball machine.
Accessing switches in code
The device collection which contains the switches in your machine is available via
self.machine.switches. For example, to access one called “foo”, you would use
self.machine.switches.foo. You can also access switches in dictionary form, e.g.
You can also get devices by tag or hardware number. See the DeviceCollection documentation for details.
Methods & Attributes
Switches have the following methods & attributes available. Note that methods & attributes inherited from base classes are not included here.
add_handler(callback, state=1, ms=0, return_info=False, callback_kwargs=None)¶
Add switch handler (callback) for this switch which is called when this switch state changes.
Note that this method just calls the Switch Controller’s
add_switch_handler()method behind the scenes.
- callback – A callable method that will be called when the switch state changes.
- state – The state that the switch which change into which triggers the callback to be called. Values are 0 or 1, with 0 meaning the switch changed to inactive, and 1 meaning the switch changed to an active state.
- ms – How many milliseconds the switch needs to be in the new state before the callback is called. Default is 0 which means that the callback will be called immediately. You can use this setting as a form of software debounce, as the switch needs to be in the state consistently before the callback is called.
- return_info – If True, the switch controller will pass the parameters of the switch handler as arguments to the callback, including switch_name, state, and ms.
- callback_kwargs – Additional kwargs that will be passed with the callback.
The physical hardware state of the switch. 1 = active, 0 = inactive. This is what the actual hardware is reporting and does not consider whether a switch is NC or NO.
raise_config_error(msg, error_no, *, context=None)¶
Raise a ConfigFileError exception.
remove_handler(callback, state=1, ms=0)¶
Remove switch handler for this switch.
The logical state of a switch. 1 = active, 0 = inactive. This takes into consideration the NC or NO settings for the switch.
Get the X value from the config.
Returns the devices x position from config
Get the Y value from the config.
Returns the devices y position from config
Get the Z value from the config.
Returns the devices z position from config